One Piece Truthiness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Neutral] Merida Maritime

Go down

[Neutral] Merida Maritime Empty [Neutral] Merida Maritime

Post by Atomicwarz Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:43 am

[Neutral] Merida Maritime 382098690228fbf943d3b10824f7300ad07ab23e

|N A M E|
Merida Maritime

|A G E|

|B O U N T Y|
Absolutely Nothin' (Say it again!)

|E Q U I P M E N T|
Flexitree and Deep Ore Fishing Rod
[A fishing rod made from the wood of a grand Flexitree Tree, found only in an area of the ocean with the most savage and powerful of hurricanes. Living in this enviroment, it's wood has become incredibly sturdy, but flexible. The rod itself is capable of bending at a 130 degree angle, before actually beginning to take any strain, and even stretches lightly. Its incredibly hard to break, with a rather lovely grip made of a soft rubber-like material. The string itself is made of woven fibers of the Flexitree, giving it a similar toughness, but is far more flexible like an actual string due to how it was woven. The hook is made from Deep Ore, an ore made deep under the ocean by massive water pressure within deep trenches, usually formed by lost marine equipment. This particular piece used to be an anchor for a small ship, and is just as heavy, and quite sturdy.]

Flexitree Net
[A fishing net that is rather large, about the size of a person with a long handle. The net is made of the same Flexitree fibers as the rod's string, and the circular part of the net's frame is as well, being large enough for an average-sized human at normal size. However, it is attatched to a more sturdy, traditional, and non-flexible handle that extends for four feet, though capable of collapsing like a telescope to about one foot.]

Traditional Fishing Line
[Rated for medium to large fish! By normal human standards.]

Sunscreen
[SPF 30 for comfortable protection from sunburn]

|S K I L L S|
Fishing
[Obvious reasons.]

Lifting Incredibly Heavy Things
[Also pretty obvious with her usual quarry. Not to mention her heavy-as-hell fishing hook.]

Sunscreen Applying
[To prevent sunburn]

High Stamina
[For the long haul]

Low Speed
[Its fishing, not track-and-field]

High Dexterity
[You have to be nimble to avoid losing your prey.]

Cooking Fish
[She's -decent- at it. Not really a cook, but she at least knows hot to cook it to safe levels. What kind of fisherman can't cook, skin, clean, or gut a fish?]

|A B I L I T I E S|
Extreme Rod Senses
[When you fish for a long time, devoting yourself to that art, you learn to feel things through your rod as if it were your own body. The weight of whats on the hook, the motion of the air and waters, even tempature... To be an fisherman, you must quite literally be at one with your rod.]

|O C C U P A T I O N|
Fisherman Extraordinaire
[A title only for those who fish for any and all things.]

|A F F I L I A T I O N S|
Fish.
[Because fishing. Otherwise neutral, or leaning towards the 'marine' side of things since fishing pirates isn't always that bad an idea. Though she isn't above helping a pirate crew on a voyage by fishing up food, either]

|H I S T O R Y|
Behold! For within the world's many seas and many oceans lay a myriad of wonderful things waiting to meet the business end of a fisherman's fishing rod. And in such a wide and open world, only the greatest can dare claim to of tamed the ocean and plundered it's depths for the scaliest of treasures. And even the smallest fisherman on a lonely isle aspires to reach such heights. The sort of height Merida Maritime has worked day-in and day-out to reach. A young woman from a small island at the edge of Katrina (awful, plook), she already has a small reputation as a travelling fisherwoman, offering her services to passing ships as she goes from island to island. And in such a world, rest assured that the things she fishes up to the services are beasts by any stretch of the imagination, requiring special tools brought from her homeland just to compete with. When commenting on her past, she says theres little to be said about it beyond a 'A little shack and my pops', leaving it at that. Though, assuming he was the one who taught her the fishing techniques and trained her for the brute strength she possesses, he would most certainly be more than a kindly old man. Still, that is the history of Merida, simplified. Driven by no other goal than to be the greatest fisherwoman of all the world's oceans.

Atomicwarz

Back to top Go down