One Piece Truthiness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betagirl! - Neutral

Go down

Betagirl! - Neutral Empty Betagirl! - Neutral

Post by RyokoEarth Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Reiko!
http://www.zerochan.net/1680805
Betagirl!
http://www.zerochan.net/1677307

N A M E
Reiko 'Betagirl' Himura

A G E
Fourteen.

B O U N T Y//R A N K
N/A

D E V I L - F R U I T
Beta Beta no Mi.

E Q U I P M E N T

- Two flintlock pistols she keeps... Somewhere, on her person. Hammerspace

- Four knives that can be seen on her waist, when she is in her Betagirl costume.

- Four flints, replacing her canine teeth. They are painted white, but if used enough, the color chips off.

S K I L L S

- Whats she lacks in strength, she makes up for in Agility. She utilizes her small size to help dodge attacks, and navigate a battlefield.

- The combination of her agility and her Devil Fruit ability makes her an expert of Urban Navigation. Generally, if there are tall structures about, she can move even faster than normal.

- Due to the fact that swords were too large for her at the time, she was taught Knife Handling instead. She's good at wielding them, and decent at throwing them, although the latter isn't preferred.

- Her upbringing brought along with it the skill of Torture & Interrogation. She's seen it more than she's done it, but she's had to do it enough.

- She's decent at Lockpicking, although she doesn't have enough skill in the art to pick anything complex. However, a mediocre lock can be opened with some difficulty.

- A little bit of experience in shooting guns has given her a sense of Marksmanship, although she isn't nearly as good as it as she'd like.

A B I L I T I E S [inborn/Devil Fruit powers, special techniques]

- Beta Beta Chain: Her most often used ability, she sends out a line of Beta Beta Goop, which is split at the end. When it grabs on to something, she can either move it, or use the connection to move herself.

- Beta Beta Mine: Her Beta Beta Goop is gathered in one place, while a thin line of the Goop remains in Reiko's hand.

- Beta Beta Detonation: Generally, Reiko tries to keep at least a thread of Goop connected to her. If she brings it to her mouth and sparks it with her flint, she can set off an entire chain, and whatever it's connected to.

O C C U P A T I O N
Aspiring Bounty Hunter

A F F I L IA T I O N S [Pirate/Marine/Neutral - should also appear in topic title]
Currently Neutral

H I S T O R Y
Reiko was a Bounty Hunter's daughter. Her father told her all about it, how he went out and captured bad guys. It meant he was gone for long stretches of time, but that was okay. It was how they could afford such a large house, and so many nice things. He always said, 'Lots of people, bad people, don't like me... So I'll need to teach you to defend yourself.' She took to the lessons well, making sure to learn everything she could. However... They began to shift in focus, somewhere around her her twelfth birthday. Defending herself became attacking enemies, Disarming them became killing them.

It was then he introduced her to the more visceral parts of his life. He'd captured a man, and said he needed to know where the man's allies were. 'This,' He'd say, 'Is the hard part of being a Bounty Hunter. Push too hard, and they end up lying. Don't push enough, and they don't say a word. You have to find the right balance, have to also work at them mentally. Of course, no reason you shouldn't have fun, right?' Reiko didn't find it very fun, but her father said she'd need it, so she watched at first. After a while, she'd begin to help him. It wasn't long before she had her very own interrogation. She'd failed at getting the information, but her father was proud of her, nevertheless.

One day, everything changed. Her came barging in, even though he was supposed to be gone for another week. His head was bleeding, and he was holding a gun. He'd told her, 'Go downstairs, to my study, and through the bookcase. Hide Reiko, and don't come out!' Reiko listened, dutifully. Into the study, the red book at the bottom of the shelf. It was the room where most of the interrogating was done, so she knew it well. There, she waited. For hours, days. After a while, she'd gone hungry.

And while searching for food, she found it. A weird looking fruit, sitting inside of a jar. The girl hadn't ever seen it before, but she was hungry, and didn't dwell too much thought on it. It was terrible tasting, and she had trouble even getting past the first bite, but... The pangs of hunger were far stronger than the protests of her tongue.

After another twelve hours or so, Reiko couldn't take it. She left, deciding to find her father... Only to see that the front door had been broken in. The girl ate what food and water they had, and then headed out. Traveling to the city and asking about him only got her curious looks. Finally, after a passing glance at a newspaper on the ground, she found an article mentioning his name. The headline:

'NOTORIOUS PIRATE CAPTURED'

She expected it to be about how he captured the pirate, except it wasn't. The paper stated that he was the pirate, posing as a merchant all this time. It wasn't until a captured member of his crew sold him out that most people knew differently. His execution had been scheduled for the next day.

Reiko knew that he had been framed. She knew it, but she couldn't prove it. No one had even known that he had a daughter, and claims that he was a bounty hunter were laughed off. She decided one thing. If she couldn't prove it, then she would save him. The day of the execution, she was in the crowd. Seeing him up there, about to die... It was almost too much for her. Unbeknownst to Reiko, a slimy substance began to trail down her hands. She pushed past the crowd, unknowingly leaving traces of it behind, until she made her way to the front.

The girl tried to get past the soldiers, she really did, but fighting them did nothing. Her father, upon seeing her struggling to get to them tried to free himself as well, in the distraction. He slammed his shoulder into the guard, leaping off the platform. "Daddy!" She called out, desperately trying to be with him.

"Reiko!" He'd charged forward, oblivious to the raised gun of one of the guards. There was a gunshot... And that was the last time Reiko ever saw her father, as the world went white.

Reiko woke up in a medical center. From the nurses, she'd learned that there was a massive explosion in the square... And she was the only survivor. There wasn't much of an explanation about it, but learning of her father's death... The young girl cried herself to sleep.

She woke up in her own bed. At first, she'd believed that it was all a dream. She turned her head, and there was a man there. He called himself 'Abe', and explained that he was a friend of her father's. He was going to rescue him, until the explosion killed everyone but her. A promise had been made: If something were to ever happen to him, Abe would take care of his best friend's daugther. He gave his own theory as to what had happened, and asked her if she'd eaten any weird fruit. Upon the affirmation that it was correct, Abe told her that he'd be taking her in, helping her train, and to learn how to use her ability. She went with him, because she had nowhere else to go.

It worked, for a few months, until she learned that he was a pirate. Faced with the idea that everything said about her father was true, she fled. After a few weeks of aimless traveling, the girl made up her mind. She would use what she was taught to help people, to save lives.

And she would be the hero she knew her father was.

RyokoEarth

Back to top Go down