One Piece Truthiness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ - Pirate - ] Arsenis Hortensius

Go down

[ - Pirate - ] Arsenis Hortensius Empty [ - Pirate - ] Arsenis Hortensius

Post by Playing Hooky Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:17 am

[ - Pirate - ] Arsenis Hortensius Sakuma.Jirou.240.1586871

N A M E
Arsenis Hortensius

A G E

B O U N T Y//R A N K
180'000'000

D E V I L - F R U I T
N/A

E Q U I P M E N T
Pistol
Telescope

S K I L L S

Superb Hand-to-Hand Combat - Years of fighting in close quarters against various opponents have polished his unarmed talent to a level where he can dispose of multiple weaker foes without needing to move from a single spot.

Gyojin Karate (Fishman Empty Hand) - The martial art that was created by the fishmen race; Arsenis is the rare human that's learned this fighting style despite the known tensions between the two races. His method of this style is specialized towards land combat and using the water vapor in the air to send shockwaves that target the water within someone's body, as his teacher thought it was more prudent to than learning to hurl water the same way that fishmen do.

Boat Steering - As helmsman, he's skilled at steering various types of boats, although this is a habit more than a skill.

Swimming - Arsenis is an excellent swimmer due to long hours of practice and can even hold his breath under water for an extended period of time before needing air.

A B I L I T I E S

Hyakumaigawara Seiken

Senmaigawara Seiken

Karakusagawara Seiken

Gosenmaigawara Seiken

Samegawara Seiken

Nanasenmaigawara Mawashigeri

Yosenmaigawara Seiken

Haki - While he can use both Kenbunshoku and Busoshoku, he particularly specializes in the latter - capable of using 'Hardening' to bolster his defense and offense.

O C C U P A T I O N
Helmsman

A F F I L I A T I O N S
Felicity Gardot
Arachnophobia

H I S T O R Y

Arsenis grew up in a small town in South Blue, where his father happened to be long-time friends with Aquila - a fishman who was on what he dubbed 'a traveler's journey', although he was wary of hanging around human settlements for too long lest someone cause a ruckus. His father never saw a problem and continued to keep the friendship strong despite the growing threat of racial tension and it all finally erupted when Arsenis turned 10 - resulting in the deaths of his parents and the utter alienation of Aquila, who decided to take his friend's son as a last resort, seeing as how leaving a child alone with no parents was cruelty that surpassed almost all others. Of course, the boy was none-too pleased with the murder of his family and constantly brooded as they traveled together, growing more frustrated as the days went on; until Aquila gave him a chance to vent his grievances through rigorous training. It was much better than leaving him as a ball of resentment and it would give the nomad a chance to teach the child that revenge would never sate his heart no matter how much he thought it would - so that began his training in the art of Fishman Karate. It was eleven years after that when a fully-grown Arsenis departed from his friend and teacher to see the world on his own accord, making his own decisions and seeing where life would lead him --- which happened to be with a certain pirate.

While he wasn't familar with her bloody and tragic history, he was nonetheless drawn to Felicity, partially because of her looks but also because he was interested in her as a person. He's seen a great deal of things from his travels, but something told him to follow her and that's exactly what he did; whether it was becoming a dog of the Government or leaving behind their comfy backing, Arsenis was willing to stick with the Black Widow as a loyal companion for the rest of his life. Provided he doesn't die first.

Playing Hooky

Back to top Go down